Saturday, June 1, 2013

Scrubbed Hieratic Report

It's late, but still... I'm a lazy man

Because I wasn't confident of neither Dragons or Mermails (I'm not so familiar to Dragons, while drawing Genex Controller is sweet), I decided to pick Hieratic for the tournament. The reason for this is that the deck has pretty much auto-win match-up against Dragons (unless people Maxx "C" into Veilers, which happens a lot during testing lol)

Basically it's Hieratic with 12 Hieratic dragons, 3 normal monster (including Curse of Dragon), Genex Ally Birdman (for Crimson Blader), and of course Maxx "C"s and Effect Veilers. Side deck was 6 Brain Controls (3 Electric Viruses and 3 Puppet Plants), along with 3 Vanity's Fiend, Mystical Space Typhoon, and that Droll and Troll Bird

I was really confident with the deck. The only thing I'm really concerned about was Evilswarm, but 2 main-decked Breakthrough Skills and 3 Electric Virus (then tribute Ophion for a random dragon) gave me confidence

Onto the report!

Round 1: Evilswarm...

G1: I got destroyed fast. Not to mention I'm too desperate to forget dropping Tragoedia when he attacked with a non-material Ophion and 2 other Evilswarm. Of course a second Ophion appeared and I scooped with my OTK hand. Actually I only looked for Breakthrough Skills, so after I saw no pink cards, I didn't even look at my hand from there lol

G2: He start with Heliotrope, attacking into Tragoedia. I OTK'd him next turn, Gustaph Max involved

G3: He start with Ophion and I cleared it somehow, but ate Torrential. I was low in life, having Breakthrough Skill in grave, but he didn't even summon another Ophion. He beat me down with Thunder King Rai Oh, and I scooped after drawing Vanity's Fiend to pair with my in-hand Wattaildragon

XOX

This round is so important because after losing round 1, I had less chance of meeting Dragons, which is my auto-win matchup. Instead, I faced all the stun-based decks that scrubbed to Dragons in round 1

Round 2: Evilswarm/Gravekeepers/Dark Gaia mix

This deck is hilarious. He played Rabbit for Ophion, then Dark Calling with Tour Guide and Doomcaliber Knight for Dark Gaia lol

G1: He won the roll. Summoned Thunder King Rai-Oh, set Bottomless Trap Hole and Breakthroush Skill, holding Gorz in hand, lol. I break through all of them, recycle my Su with M7, having Atum beside it, then attack into Gorz. He summon Tour Guide for Acid Golem, beat over M7 and Atum, direct'd with Gorz. I was low in life (again), then made Gautlet Launcher to shoot Gorz and Acid Golem, sitting behind the 2800 wall. He Dark Calling, banishing Acid Golem and Gorz for a 5700 Dark Gaia lol. I see my top deck (prolly Solemn Warning), and scooped

G2: I drew 3 normal monsters

XX

So, with 0-2 record....

Round 3: No show

Of course I have to face another scrub lol. Free win but it hurt my tie-breaker much

Round 4: Malefic

G1: He started with Gearframe, ate Veiler, set a trap. I Night Shot'd the trap, then OTK'd

G2: He started with Card Car D, ate Veiler, summoned Fortress, set a trap. I Night Shot'd the trap, then OTK with Electric Virus on Fortress

OO

2-2. I still had a chance to top, or at least push my teammate to the top

Round 5: Herald Agent

G1: He started with Earth/Manju. I OTK'd, involving Crimson Blader

G2: He started with Prohibiton on Atum, then summoned Earth. I did my job, he Maxx "C", I went on. Tried to clear Prohibiton with Su, he dropped Herald of Orange Light. I made M7, he drew his second Orange Light. He pushed with Venus, Balls,... I drew nothing next turn, died

G3: I Cardcar D, then passed. He summon Earth/Manju, ate Breakthrough Skill, ended. I proceeded to set up an OTK field, attacked into Swift Scarecrow (wut!?). He dropped Dark Hole, lol

XOX

Later I found out he sided 1 Scarecrow, and he got it to his hand along with Dark Hole. Perfect counter to Hieratic, hnng

Overall score 2-3. Scrubbed

I WILL PLAY DRAGONS FROM NOW ON. META CALLS? FUCK THEM

1 comment:

  1. Acid Golem and Gorz is probably one of the strongest Dark Calling combo's you will ever see, so cherish it lol

    ReplyDelete