Sunday, June 30, 2013

Painful, salty tournament report (final part)

So, continuing last week's report, here is this week's

There were 6 players left, 2 in the winners' bracket and 4 in the losers' bracket

I faced the guy with 5 Spellbook decks again

Match 1: Dragunity vs. Spellbook

G1: I started with a Shock Master hand. However he had a Veiler, so I could only end up with Queen Dragun Djinn, Atum. Stardust Dragon and REDMD at full ATK. On his turn he used Judgment, then the Blue Magician to get Secret, then Power, then used Fate to flip Queen face-down. Blue Magician attacked over it, getting him another Fate. He get Justice in his endphase. On my turn I was left with only Stardust (and Ravine) courtesy of Fate and Phoenix Wing Wind Blast I think. That was a misplay from his side: I could use Ravine to get Dux and made Trident Dragion to end the game. But I'm a noob, so I made Crimson Blader and called back Tempest to attack for damage. Fortunately he had shit in hand, and scooped the following turn with High Priestess stayed dead

G2: He started dead due to my Droll & Lock Bird. I had a hand of Phalanx, Mystletainn, REDMD, Monster Reborn, and something irrelevant. Plan was: Phalanx and Mystletainn into Stardust, reborn Mystletainn, banish for REDMD, get Phalanx, made Trident Dragion and tribute that "something irrelevant" to attack for 8800. He had that fucking Veiler on Mystletainn, and I ended up with REDMD and Trident Dragion with 1 attack, and 5800 damage was dealed. He started his next turn with Library of Crescent, reveal Life, Secret, Fate. I picked him the Fate, and he scooped because he need a spellcaster on the field to get things going

OO

Match 2: Dragon vs. Spellbook

G1: I had Veiler for his Blue Magician, and that didn't matter because he locked me down with Jowgen + Fate + shit

G2: After some hard-fight turns, I had Dracossack with Book of Moon set, 3-color grave, and he had full hand and no field. He summon Blue Magician for Secret, activate Judgment, and I chained Book on the Magician. He couldn't start his Spellbook shenanigan, and I won

G3: I started with double Tempest, Tidal, Lightning, Stream, Super Rejuvenation. Normally that could be playable, but he went first and started with Dimensional Fissure + Jowgen + Fate + ...

XOX

Match 3: Dragon vs. Spellbook

G1: After sometime I had double Dracossack and 2 tokens with advantage in LP. He had Judgment, summoned Blue Magician, High Priestess, cleared 2 tokens with battle, cleared 1 Dracossack with High Priestess's effect, endphase cleared the last Dracossack with Fate, calling out Jowgen at the same time. GG

G2: I had 2 EEV and Fusilier. He Secrets for Master, summoned Kycoo, and I EEV'd, he revealed Jowgen wtf. Kycoo attacked. I drop Burner and Tidal for Blaster, stood there and ended. He top decked Blue Magician like a boss, summoned Jowgen, used effect discarding Blue Magician and attack. I cleared Kycoo with Blaster's effect, and had Lightning attacked the Jowgen (lol). He top decked that field spell for more Kycoos (like a boss), and hit me hard. I had only Swords in hand, then top decked Tidal, drew 2 cards which were another color and monster Reborn. Made Big Eye, stole his Kycoo, attacked, set the second EEV. GG

G3: We both started dead. He set 3 ended. I had Sword Stream double Tidal Blaster EEV or such. Banished Blaster for Sword, drew 2 more Blasters like a boss, searched Burner, banished it and another Blaster for Tidal, Stream for another Tidal, attacked for 2600, then made Big Eye. In my endphase he flipped Phoenix Wing Wind Blast on Big Eye, then passed. I drew stupid cards like more Swords and Rejuvenations and Reborn with only 1 Blaster in hand and no other colors to work with. So it came to a point when I was holding Blaster with Reborn and Psiblocker in hand and ONLY 2 Tidals in grave, he had a Veiler in attack position and 1 set card with Dimensional Fissure, Star Hall and La Masion. So, I banished 2 Tidal for Blaster, searching the 3rd copy, summoned Blocker calling Dimensional Fissure. Original plan was attacking over Veiler, Reborn it, tune for Scrap Dragon, destroy my set Rejuvenation and whatever he had. That last set card was Solemn Judgment, so I lost painfully.
Looking back, I should have Reborn Tidal to attack Veiler, and next turn banish Tidal and Blaster in hand for the other Tidal in grave. I suck. And that Warning was really hard to read. I still think Scrap Dragon is an okay move because I could banish it for something if he drew something like Life for Priestess. GG

So I'm out :<

Something I learned:

If you're playing an OTK deck, spend more than a month on it. I've played Dragunity REDMD for months but still lost due to not preparing the mid-game

Droll & Lock is a horrible card to have in your deck, but you still must play it in triplicate just because it was so good vs. Prophecy. Look at Library of Crescent :< I only sided Birds in Dragunity, drew it once and it saved my life

Super Rejuvenation is unreliable (at least for me). I always resolved it for nothing when I was dying. Swords and Sarcophaguses are much better

Forbidden Chalice is good. I kept 2 in my main deck after siding and wished for it all the time. Never appeared though

Compulsory Evacuation Device should be included in anything

Never mised Breakthỏugh Skill at all

REDMD is never used, not even once. I kept it in my main deck for easy EEV and it didn't work

I wanted LADD sometimes

But Reborn is still a card

...

..

.

And that concluded my tournament report. Thanks for reading xD

Also, I'm out for the rest of the format (maybe longer)

No comments:

Post a Comment