Saturday, May 25, 2013

Dilemma

Going to a big tournament in 48ish hours, and I still have no idea of what to play

The local big 4 (Mermail-Dragon-Prophecy-Evilswarm) are all at full power. I won't play Evilswarm because I don't like them, and I was left with 3 choices

I have access to my friend's Prophecy, but I have no idea what to do against "pros". If you can open Secret Judgment 9/10 games then there's nothing else to say. I can't, and I found myself in very awkward positions when I got hit by Droll and Lock Bird (or even worse EEV) during testing. The deck is hard to play if things doesn't go right. That does not happen too often, but I find it really boring...  Prophecy can't really OTK, and doesn't have so many tricks, so... not my type

Dragons are basically the same. A lot of powerful plays, but when you cannot gather the 4 elements early enough, it's not that good anymore. Also, getting hit by Spellbook of Fate or Maxx "C" is no fun at all. It can't OTK either, so...

Mermail, the deck I'm most confident with, is also the weakest of 4 decks. I play Undine Mermail with Tidal, but Ophion is still a real bitch. Also, Spellbook of Fate is just too overpowered. The deck has a 50:50 Dragons match-up due to the incredible speed, but it cannot recover once everything is spent. Abyssgaios is big and powerful, but Spellbook of Fate is overpowered, really

Some stupid rogue decks also came to my mind. Infernity, Gadget, HERO (ShockMaster.deck). However, when you do not draw good enough with those decks, you die

...

See ya after the tourney. Prolly write a report (haven't done it for quite long)

No comments:

Post a Comment