Friday, September 14, 2012

X-Saber?

Once I thought it used to be a good deck.

After days of testing I feel like it was a good deck, then bad deck for the last 2 formats, then solid deck again now...

The Plant format and Inzektor format were both too fast for control decks like Sabers to handle. Emmersblade, the deck's core searcher alongside Darksoul was completely useless against "Dragonfly Hornet boom boom". Even if you got the search with Darksoul, there's not much to do in the following turn. Boggart Knight get Veilered, you done with your turn? Whatever X-Saber was not play-able last format.

What now? Inzektor gone. Rabbit slowed down. Wind-Up is still the pain in the ass but no hand loop anymore, Chaos Dragon almost dead, Mermails (lol) not released yet in the TCG.

X-Saber is slow, but it has 6 floaters in total: 3 Darksoul 3 Emmersblade. 3 more Mega Hamsters in my build, along with Ryko to get rid of backrows and Laggia if someone was suddenly able to make it. 3 Maxx "C" to stop Wind-Ups too. Thus, I have to reduce the amount of traps, cut the trap line-up down to 8 cards (Solemn Trio, Torrential, triple Gottom's Emergency Call, the latter is just personal preference).

It has been doing good right now. Darksoul is godly good, as long as you can play the Boggart Fulhelmknight Faultroll whatever next turn without being disrupted. The biggest threat are of course Effect Veilers and Maxx "C"s. I play Rykos to feed graveyard, so if my Boggart Knight gets Veilered, most of the time I just simply flip Gottom's Emergency Call with my trollface on. Maxx "C" does not stop Boggart Knight, so I often just summon Emmersblade/Darksoul and start to attack right there. It's an 1 for 1 trade anyway, and I have a floater on the field. Not so good, but acceptable IMO



Decklist I've been playing currently. I hate the decksize of 42 (or more), and hate to play with more than 23 monsters too but I can't find any space left. I want to add Reinforce Truth, Saber Slash, Enemy Controller, 1 more Pashuul, Grandsoil to the deck but... Yeah you see. Comments on the deck are highly appreciated.

Little explanation:

Triple Hamster: I just love them, they searches everything I need: tuner/attacker (Airbellum), searcher (Darksoul), spell/trap clearer (Ryko)

2 Fulhelmknight and 2 Airbellum: Not many monsters have low defense like the fluff tokens one year ago. Fulhelmknight is often used as an attack blocker, rarely have I used the summoning effect. Airbellum, on the other hand, is quite good since he can be searched with Hamster for instant synchro, or just trolling when your opponent cannot keep his/her field presence.

Almost every Saber at 3: Rykos mill half of them.

3 comments:

  1. herro

    i completely forgot about doing so for the past while, but your blog has now been linked to mine

    thx for your patience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your deck looks like it loses to Thunder King Rai-Oh very easily in my opinion. Ryko seems like your only decent out to it, with Torrential Tribute and Solemn Warning being a mediocre answer to Rai-Oh since paying 2000 life or wasting a powerful trap on a 1900 guy isn't good imo. And X-Sabers are more about combo rather than control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emmersblade suicides for Boggart Knight suicide again LOL
      Usually I can only wait for Hamster/Ryko, which is pretty bad. I already thought about Thunder King when making the deck. X-Saber has always been dying to Thunder King, but I don't have space for anything else. Enemy Controller and Saber Slash would both be good picks but there's nothing I want to take out, at all.

      In my opinion, the play style and the way players operate the deck's combo determine whether that deck is about control, aggro... not the deck itself. One friend of mine even plays At One with a Sword because he's obsessed about controlling field and hand advantage LOL

      Delete