Saturday, September 8, 2012

Grapha's Dirty Army - Dark World Turbo

Monster [13]
1 Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World
3 Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
3 Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
3 Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
3 Malefic Stardust Dragon

Spell [16]
1 Card Destruction
1 Dark World Dealings
1 Dark World Lightnings
1 Monster Reborn
3 Dragged Down into the Grave
3 Upstart Goblin
3 Trade-In
3 The Gate of Dark World

Trap [12]
3 Reckless Greed
3 Hope for Escape
2 Skill Drain
2 Deck Devastation Virus
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Starlight Road


Trading Lord Grapha for 2 cards? He doesn't like it, but I do!


I have nothing better to do today, therefore I grab the Dark World pieces together then call it a deck.
Have been doing quite okay, it's just a scary feeling to start battling back when you're lower than 1000 Life Point against your opponent's 10,000 LOL

Hope for Escape in Dark World is just even more delicious than it is in Final Countdown or Exodia. Because Dark World is a control deck that need ALL the combo pieces together so it lacks the consistency quite seriously. There are times when you draw perfect combinations of cards like Dealings Gate Snoww Grapha Dragged whatever, but there are times when you draw a bunch of discard outlet with out any Dark World monsters (or a Beiige LOL) or vice versa. Hope for Escape serves well here. I play 3 Upstart in a 41-card deck just for 3 Hope for Escapes because I need them too much when I have un-playable hands.

Trade-In serves the same purpose: Getting combo pieces together. 3 Trade-In with 6 level 8 monsters is not that bad because Snoww can search for Grapha, and usually you only need to resolve 1 or 2 copy of it to get things start going. Discarding Grapha for Trade-In is not too bad when  you have full-monster hand without any Dragged/Dealings. Also, during your first turn, your opponent does not have anything for Grapha to destroy.

Triple Malefic Stardust Dragons are for Trade-In, protecting Gate, doing some push when nothing's going right, and also tribute fodder for DDV. Moreover, you can make Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon (just to troll of course) with this card and 2 Graphas.

I only play 1 Dealings because I have too many draw cards, and Dealings often speed my opponent up faster than me, which is pretty bad. 1 Lightnings here is an alternative discard outlet, and a search-able trap hate through Snoww. That card should never be played in more than 1, but I think I need it.

About the trap line-ups, I just add as many paying LP as possible (no Warnings here as I don't really need it and 2000 is too much...). DDV helps Grapha dodge Bottomless, Dimensional Prison, taking care of little monster for more advantages. A single Starlight is just a tech card, I put it in because people are running 2 Torrentials 2 Mirror Forces 1 Dark Hole 1 Heavy Storm and many other forms of mass destruction.

I want to play Tour Guide, Dark Hole and Gateway to Dark World but spaces are tight, sigh.

So yeah, you can try the deck for yourself. I'm pretty sure you'll get some joy playing Solitaire against Dueling Network users haha.

On a side note, Dark World is one of the deck that I hate the most. I just make it because I think people hate it too LOL

2 comments:

  1. Trade In looks good as an alternative draw power. Nice call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There're times when I don't even care about the draws, I just want to kick Grapha into the graveyard LOL

    Maybe I'm not skillful enough to control the deck correctly, but Trade-in has been doing fine.

    I know that 3 Trade-Ins are too many but I don't really mind holding a dead Trade-In late game when I'm in total control with Grapha Skill Drain Gate whatsoever

    ReplyDelete