Friday, September 21, 2012

Random tech cards/side deck cards

So today I log on my Dueling Network account since I unbelievably have a little free time.

I used X-Saber most of my games, and (of course) I won most of my games. It's Dueling Network haha, what to expect from random players around the world?

Going into the main point of the post. I've faced a lot of weird cards that I've never ever seen before today. For now I cannot tell whether those cards are good or bad, but they really give the opponent(s) a little bit of surprise. And I'll write about some of the overlooked cards which just appear in my mind to, just to call it a real post LOL.


Begone, Knave!

Actually the card was released in Invasion of Chaos (the set released in 2004 which contains Black Luster Soldier EotB, Chaos Emperor Dragon, Dark Magician of Chaos and more overpowered cards LOL), but I never see it in play until about a year ago, when Reborn Tengu was widely used.

So, the card returns the monster which inflicted battle damage to its owner hand. Though it's a trap, I find this card more offensive than defensive. Summon Emmersblade, crash into one of your opponent's monster to get another Emmersblade. As the opponent's monster inflicts battle damage, it's returned to your opponent's hand. Do it again with the second and third Emmersblade, get out Darksoul and crash again, you've cleared 4 monsters out of your way, and you get an End Phase search. Of course if your opponent has 3 or fewer monsters you can just bring out Airbellum for a random plus.

Begone, Knave! works with other kind of recruiters too (Mystic Tomato, Mother Grizzly, Howling Insect, UFO Turtle, Reborn Tengu, Wattdragonfly,... and especially Giant Rat into Emmersblade LOL)


Liberty at Last!

When one of your monster is destroyed in battle, return 2 face-up monsters on the field into the deck. It's a normal trap card, but I don't care much because if you resolve the effect only once, you have given enough pain to your opponent IMO. I really think that this card looks good from the first glance. If you don't care about your monster being destroyed (the Tech Genus, Sangan, Goblin Zombie, the recruiters mentioned above and of course Emmersblade and Darksoul LOL), this card is really fun to play because it gets rid of every card that belongs to extra deck, which is pretty funny.


Heavy Slump

When your opponent have 8 or more cards in hand, he/she adds his/her hand to the deck, then draws 2 cards.

You could probably be LOL-ing right now looking at the activating condition. When your opponent have 8 cards in hand? It's almost impossible when Heavy Slump was first released (in 2004 too, brother of Begone, Knave!). It's like an impossible +5 LOL, so everyone quickly forgot about it...

Until Maxx "C" is released! I'm pretty sure Wind-Ups or Geargia (Karakuri build) special summon a lot during their combo. Your opponent counter with Maxx "C"? Just go for it, then throw Heavy Slump to his/her face, win!

Of course the card is pretty situational, but it's weird and unexpected so take note haha.


Needle Ceiling

People have started to put this card in their side deck so I don't think I need to talk too much. Unlike Heavy Slump, this card is used against Wind-Ups, Geargia and other spamming deck (like Fabled LOL).

The most beautiful use of Needle Ceiling is when you have a set monster (Geargiarmor?) and your opponent starts swarming. Needle Ceiling is an instant +2 when your opponent place the third monster to their side of the field. Plus plus plus, they're cool~


Soul Drain

The newest card mentioned in this post: it was just released in Return of the Duelist. It's the other side of Skill Drain (LOL Konami). Skill Drains negate the effects on the field, Soul Drain prevents effects outside the field from being activated. There're a lot of effects that this card can stop: Eclipse Wyvern, Tour Bus, Geargiaccelerator and Gear Gigant X (the second effect), Necro Gardna, the mentioned recruiters and of course Darksoul and Emmersblade... It's the reason for the only game I lost today, and I suppose you guys should take a look at it!


That's for today, thanks for reading!

P.S.: YCS Indianapolis is on the way. If you see any of those cards in action, remind me here and I'll be more than happy about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment