Monday, April 29, 2013

3v3 tourney report

It's basically 3v3 team tournament with the teammates sharing one banlist (1 Heavy Storm for all 3 people, 2 have to play without it, etc)

Team line-up was:

Player A: Banisher Thunderking Fossildyna etc.dek
Player B (me): Undine Mermail with Teus and all the "Mono" engine
Player C: Spellbook

Round 1: Free win as one of my opposite team's player did not attend

The anti-meta player faced Karakuri, which is of course free win too lol. I know all the in and out of Karakuris, and all he had to do was summon Fossil Dyna and backed it up with Forbidden Lance and Safe Zone

The Spellbook player had to play a mirror match. In duel 2 he was lucky enough to pull off a Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell against opponent's Spellbook of Secrets. GG lol

Team: OOO

Round 2: Chain Energy Volcanic Counter... Burn deck

This was stupidly hilarious. I was really confused of Volcanic Counter's MANDATORY burn effect. I thought it was like Necro Gardna so I didn't find a way to play around it. 

And the deck was cool. Onslaught of the Fire King for the Fire King Kirin, which in turn kicked Volcanic Queen to the grave

Game 1 I barely won thanks to the super duper fast rush. 

Game 2 he burned me to 600, then rammed Marshmallon into Megalo with Volcanic Counter in grave 

Game 3 I had a Decree face-up, Pike and Megalo attacking (into double Volcanic Queen). He flipped Magic Cylinder and Dimension Wall for nothing, I went dumb and rushed Megalo into Gorz lol. And then I realized I sided out my only out against Gorz and the 2400 token (Abyssleed), gg

At the same time, the anti meta player died quickly and badly to Malefic beatdown (Banisher no match Malefic Cyber End), while the Spellbook player somehow pull off a 2-1 win against Six Samurai. He was holding a dead Spellbook of Life and a High Priestess on field against Zanji, Irou and Grandmaster. Zanji killed Priestess (Grandmaster died in his place), Irou hit for 1700. Next turn he topped Justice, set and ended. The Samurai player topped United lol, attacked and ended. The final turn, the Spellbook player ripped Spellbook Magician of Prophecy, which makes Life live, also some Power trick involved and won

Team: XXO

Round 3: Dark World

Game 1: Got OTK'd with Grapha, Goldd and Beiige with Gates face-up. He hit some damage previously so I died bad

Game 2: I think I OTK'd him, like any usual Mermail does

Game 3: He hit me with 2 Dragged Down, 2 DDV but I managed to survive thanks to Pike + Dragoons + Moulinglacia to make a good Megalo play (forgot to side out Moulinglacia). He was under Reckless Greed and I killed him before he saw any draw

The anti-meta player faced Chaos Dragon which should be an auto win match-up thanks to Banisher, Fossil Dyna and such. However game 1 he died to Return from DD after everything was banished, and game 2 or 3 he ran into Aurkus (lol) and cannot killed the opponent right there. He ripped Dark Hole or Heavy Storm or something and that was GG

The Spellbook player played a mirror match again lol. The other deck had 2 Spellbook Magician, 3 Spellbook of Eternity and all the bad cards. Somehow he died to a Temperance into Priestess play after Cursing Spellbook of the Master

Team: XOX

Round 4: Hieratic

I know everything about Hieratic so everything was fine.

Game 1: He cannot go off soon and fast enough. I killed him like any other Mermail does

Game 2: He made an OTK board of Gaia, REDMD at 2800 and Scrap Dragon. I survived thanks to Sphere, then next turn make Big Eye, take Scrap Dragon, drop Moulinglacia, summon Linde, popped Linde and REDMD, called out Leed. GG

The anti meta player opened Banisher of the Radiance all 3 games against Mermail lol. Wasn't any easy game, but in game 3 when he was ready to die (facing Royal Decree, only had Spirit Reaper face-up against Marksman and Dragoons), he ripped BLS with exactly 1 LIGHT 1 DARK in grave lol GG

Team: OOO

However with the score 2-2 we didn't managed to get into top 4. It ended there D:

Sided heavily for Evilswarm, met none

Only used Dust Tornado, Decree and Maxx "C"

D:

See you next time xD

No comments:

Post a Comment