Sunday, February 24, 2013

Random tourney report

February tournament report

32 players I think, 8 tables then cut to top 16

I used Karakuri btw

Round 1: Quickdraw Junk Doppel

G1: He started with a Tuning for Junk Synchron, milling another Junk Synchron, then followed with another Tuning for Quickdraw Synchron, this time milling Level Eater. He then proceeded to summon Quickdraw Synchron and reveal Synchron Explorer. I saw Quasar coming, so I just scooped to hide the deck I'm playing

G2: I started with 2 Bureidos, Nishipachi and 5 set traps (2 Rivalry of Warlords, 2 Solemn Warning, 1 Macro Cosmos). I keep that field for like 2 turns, netting me 4-6 cards from Bureido and then he Heavy Stormed for a +4. However he couldn't make a comeback due to the massive advantages I had farmed

G3: He just died to Burei turning his small monsters to attack and chopping through

XOO

Round 2: Mermails

G1: I started with 2 Bureidos and a Stardust Dragon (I fucked myself after for forgetting that I did had Abyss Dweller in my extra deck). He just discard Heavy Infantry for Megalo to prevent my Stardust from activating, then farmed with Diva and Undine and whatever

G2: This time I started with Bureido, Burei and Landoise. He Dark Holed and proceeded to win like the last round

XX

Round 3: Prophecy

G1: He started good with Spellbook Magician, High Priestess and whatever. My hand contained irrelevant cards (like Inashichi and Saizan without anything else) and he killed my in 2-3 turns

G2: I won, don't remember much. I think he got bad draws and I just won

G3: I started with Burei + Beast. 1-2 turns later he cleared with Treacherous Trap Hole (again) but that was too late. I made 2 Bureidos and a Scrap, destroyed a random spell and his High Priestess, and YOLO for 8400 damage

XOO

Top 16: Dino Rabbit

I wasn't prepared for this deck (it never appeared in my area) so I was ready to die

G1: I started with Saizan and Inashichi again but managed to make a Bureido before he cleared it with Grand Mole. He ripped the Rabbit off the top in 2-3 turns and I died

G2: Irrelevant hands. Struggled thanks to Smashing Ground but all my top decks were 1 turn late (Smashing Ground, Nishipachi, Rivalry of Warlords,...) and I scooped because even if I activated Rivalry, he still had enough damage to wipe my remaining 1700

So it ended lol. Haven't played for too long so I think I scrubbed but not so bad. And my deck missed the 3 De-Synchros too so it was hard (I added 2 Solar Wind Jammers and 1 Karakuri Anatomy in their slots)

No comments:

Post a Comment